It’s almost month 2 – can you believe it? I certainly cannot! There are a few things I’ve discovered and wanted to share regarding new Mommy Style! A few were suggestions from other mommies and others I discovered along the way.
1) Mother’s Milk Tea This hot tea was suggested by a friend of my sister-in-law – she drank it a ton while nursing and it helps with your milk production. I’ve been drinking it and I do believe it works!
2) Kate Quinn Organic Clothing I discovered this on Gilt and I LOVE the style and patterns! Rhett has a few things and he is so stylish in them!
3) HugaMonkey Baby Slings My cousin, Kelly, recommended this and sent me one – so sweet! It’s great to just toss on to wear around the house. Rhett gets all cozy in there and goes right to sleep. It’s a little quicker than assembling the Baby Bjorn!
4) GapBody Casual Sets Coming out of pregnancy causes a few kinks in your wardrobe so I quickly stocked up on stylish casual sets to wear around the house and running errands. My mother in law calls it carpool clothes which I will soon learn is very appropriate! Loving the quality and fit of Gap Body – Target has some great pieces as well. Until all of my normal clothes fit accordingly, I’ll be sporting these for a while. My favorite is black from head to toe with a peek of color with a tank – very slimming!
5) iPad + Cover – I spend a lot of time nursing Mr. Rhett and during these times, there isn’t much to do except for search on my iPad or read a book. It’s my time to catch up on things and feel like a part of society outside my home. Pinterest is my favorite of course!
6) Nursing Tank Tops – these are a MUST! They have a built-in bra and allows easy access for nursing. I wear these under my jackets or tops and they are supper comfortable. Plus, they provide support!
As much as I would love to focus every waking moment on this new little man in my life – our wonderful new home and life just doesn’t allow it – SO, back to work with the help of Gigi and occasional trips from my mom to help out! I’m slowly but surely getting back into the groove and it feels great. Talk about being overstimulated at the computer today – it’s more brain power than I’ve used for the past 2 months. A different brain power I guess – taking care of Rhett is probably more emotionally involved than mentally challenging. I have the most wonderful clients and I’m thankful everyday for the opportunity and talent I’ve been given to work from home and design the most beautiful things. I’m sure my new life will inspire a few projects for Twist and emma j design – already have a few floating around in my head. Motherhood will bring new challenges, needs and ideas for products – I’m excited to see them come to life and go to work for other mommies, too. Until then, I’ll be sneaking peeks of my little one sleeping as I type and mouse away in Illustrator!